[kwlug-disc] m1 RISC silicon: impression

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Tue Nov 16 19:03:24 EST 2021

Guys from Linus TechTips show were doing benchmarks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUyD2QXfGUg

There is one element with apple's own something not working right, that
supposed to run like crazy with hardware encoding (7:16 in video). May
be this is related to mentioned weird thing. On linux apple's new code
isn't used, of course, and may be that is a reason here.

Mind you, I have no idea how OpenSCAD runs, and what those apple libs
are. But it feels similar, so you have it.