[kwlug-disc] cell phone plans

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat May 29 12:50:13 EDT 2021

No expert here, just a tech trog, but my clan has 3 cells on Public
Mobile(discount offering from Telus essentially) --
https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
We are happy with it, one member  of the family is on PetroMobility which
uses the Rogers network, but is not good value, we keep it just as a backup
in case Telus is down.
My folks use the $40 plan which drops to something like 36 bucks due to
autopay and referrals etc. We did get a promo of 6G + 500M bonus when we
signed up, so everyone one the PublicMobile thing has 6.5G of data. Today I
see it is 4.5G with 500M bonus with autopay. Perhaps a promo with more
data  will show up with "back-to-school" in Aug/Sept.

Thanks,

Ron S.