[kwlug-disc] Blurb for the Arduino Presentation

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Tue May 4 22:37:42 EDT 2021

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 12:05:31PM -0400, Chris Irwin via kwlug-disc wrote:
> Subject: Re: [kwlug-disc] Blurb for the Arduino Presentation
>
> My intended project was motion/sensor triggered LED strips on
> the underside of stair runners, to illuminate a dark stairwell
> on demand without blinding you in the middle of the night. So
> "control simple lights" is a literally a perfect start.

This is the sort of thing I'm interested in as well (it's a
brilliant idea).

I've also bought (pending through Crowdsupply) an Inkplate 10, a
recycled 9.7" e-ink screen, that seems to require an Arduino
interface for driving it. The device is still under development,
but from what I can tell you can connect via USB and use the
Arduino IDE for programming it. Here's an additional connection
option, which I don't yet understand but perhaps also relates to
Arduino: it "also supports Peripheral Mode, which allows you to
control your display by sending simple commands over UART." If
any of this has relevance to your presentation, Brent, it would
certainly be helpful for me.

    -- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best – and
therefore never scrutinize or question.
    -- Stephen Jay Gould, *Full House: The Spread of Excellence
    from Plato to Darwin*, 1996