[kwlug-disc] Software Update Question

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Mar 10 15:50:32 EST 2021

I have a situation that I have never seen before.
This is an Xubuntu 18.04 laptop.

I get a popup that something needs to be updated.
This is a GUI, which I never use. I always update from the command line.

Here is how it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/ZYu77eD.png

There is the same program with the same icon when I go into the mouse menu
and search for "software". Mousing over it says : "Add, Remove or Update
Software on this computer".

Then when I click on it, I get a very wide window that goes beyond the
screen on both side, and it cannot be resize, and under Updates there is
the following:

https://i.imgur.com/Jn090FT.png

When I run:

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

there is nothing to be updated.

So what is this Unifying Receiver, and which package controls the updates
for it, that are not dpkg/apt?
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.