[kwlug-disc] finally, the linux desktop wins!

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Jul 16 16:07:22 EDT 2021

> https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-just-blew-up-the-only-reason-you-cant-use-a-linux-desktop/
> <https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-just-blew-up-the-only-reason-you-cant-use-a-linux-desktop/>

So, you just got threadripper. And will then pay for virtual cores in,
quote, Cloud PC?

I wonder, does this cloud move finally comes with a bill for rural
broadband in USA? Just wondering. MS is big.

<rant-on-security-claims>

Section says "Zero Trust". First sentences read heavily about
authentication, not letting all clients do everything. Zero trust to
clients. Don't get me wrong, its useful for service provider, but it is
not other kind of zero trust to service provider.

Yes, and all disks are encrypted, and there is encryption at rest and on
the go. I assume it is plain text to provider's process, which is a
hacking target anyway.

Something tells me that Mossack Fonseca had encryption at rest, and
passwords, and some ssl for on the go bits. Didn't help.

</rant-on-security-claims>