[kwlug-disc] laptops with Linux preinstalled

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:46:18 EST 2021

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have a fleet of 7 of the P17 Thinkpads
being deployed next week, all with W10 except for one with Kubuntu 20.04.
These behemoths have 4K full-gamut displays, smartcard slots and all that
stuff, loaded. I cannot wait to see how well Kubuntu will play on it, how
well it recognizes the ports/slots/.
Dude does not want to go with a rolling release for the latest kernel and
such, but that is easy enough to add.
Lenovo has these kickass sales often enough, that I am quite tempted to get
current and stop being married to that classic keyboard of the
T520/420/X220.

Thanks,

Ron S.