[kwlug-disc] Non-tech reference, but may be useful by tech co.

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Feb 25 13:09:44 EST 2021

What is the physical meaning of word "extremism"?

Laird Wilcox (not necessarily the first) talks about extremist
expression of otherwise conforming views. Id est extremism is how one's
own views are approached, and how they are expressed.

Link
https://patternresearch.com/laird-wilcox-on-extremist-traits-the-hoaxer-project-report-pp-39-41-3/

It explains fascism. Not the propaganda part, but actual actions of
people (neighbours) on the ground.

I want to reiterate, we should talk about politics over barbecue. And
Laird shows how we should do this. We can discuss anything, when we
don't turn to extreme expression+attitude.

Second note, all whatever-deniers may simply be lost because of some of
points in Laird's list. Like Corry says that inside vaccine denier you
may find someone with relative that was over-prescribed opioids.

Third note, it is trivial to make impossible workplace rules in the name
of whatever, turning workplace toxic. When you want to articulate the
bad part(s) of such zeal, you find Laird's points.

P.S. Will I denounce Dawkin's "militant atheism"? Hm-m. I think it is
"militant" only in the name, and in a consistency to push back at any
unrelated to reality claims that may have objectively negative
consequences in life of others. It is a filtering question. Do we filter
small bits regularly, or do we risk a crisis of removing a lot? After
all, every crisis is simply an accumulation of little bits. Talk often,
at work, in the family, and over barbecue.