[kwlug-disc] Brother Laser All-In-One, colour and monochrome

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Feb 9 20:16:40 EST 2021

We bought a Brother HL-L3270CDW colour LED printer in the summer
and have been very happy with it (direct from Brother, refurbished).
Home use, less than 1,000 pages so far.

It's not obvious from the product specs (unless you look closely)
but the HL-L3270CDW has wired ethernet and wifi.  Print protocols
include LPD, IPP, AirPrint and so on.

I use Ubuntu, and printing just works - select 1 or 2 sided,
trays, B&W or colour, etc.  Mac, Windows work well. No big annoying
software package installs, as you often see with HP etc.

My observation is that Brother printers seem to have a reputation
for being low in annoyance, and that's my experience.

My 20 year old HP LaserJet 2200 is showing its age - the duplexer
tends to jam these days.

Hope that helps!

John