[kwlug-disc] no more Blackberry?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:27:45 EST 2021

I just had a client of mine phone me up to say that she just got a notice
from Telus that they will no longer support Blackberry devices as of
January 4th, 2022.  Apparently the other carriers are dropping BB as well.
There must be at least a dozen people in Canada affected by this, if not
more..

This was news to me.. I must have a filter on my news feed that protects me
from any Blackberry related news...

Did anyone else hear about this?

While I don't foresee any problems with converting her contacts, etc., over
to a new Android device, is anyone out there aware of an idiot-proof
bb>android migration utility?  I'd hate to mess things up and lose her
contacts or something...