[kwlug-disc] Raspberry Pi temperature

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:05:19 EDT 2021

I'm looking around the web and it seems to me that the Raspi has a "soft"
temperature limit of 60C.  At that point you'll see throttling.

Now I have a bunch of raspis around the house doing various jobs, but I do
have four of them together in a rack under my desk.  So seeing that you
have more than one raspi now, let me recommend a really cool rack that I
picked up last summer:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083FDHPBH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
.  Not only does it cool four raspis (models 2, 3 and 4), but it looks
really cool!

It's $50, but how much do four separate cases with fans cost nowadays?

Warning:  since you have two raspis now, and two empty slots on this rack,
you will be subject to irresistible temptation to buy two more raspis.  My
advice is to listen to your heart and buy the latest and greatest RP4+
models!