[kwlug-disc] Fw: Bill C-10 is still broken: Vote No

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 08:18:52 EDT 2021

There are definitely legitimate concerns around C-10:
https://www.michaelgeist.ca/2021/06/concerns-mount-over-bill-c-10s-unintended-consequences-to-canadian-creators/
It's likely going to hurt digital-first Canadian creators (whose voices
were not heard as this was pushed through).
Luckily, if we have an election this fall, C-10 will die.
And if we don't, the senate is probably going to do a comprehensive review
of it, which will almost certainly mean that it won't pass in its current
form.