[kwlug-disc] automated Ubuntu installer

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 27 13:33:52 EDT 2020

Yes. This is called "debian preseeding". You should be able to put a
preseed file on the USB key and initiate it somehow, but I do not have
exact details. This will let you do things like set up partitioning,
create user accounts, install extra packages etc.

I do not know if you could actually do a no-touch install, but if this
person's parents can boot from USB and launch the installer then the
rest should be automatable.

No guarantees that this is the latest and greatest, though.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org