[kwlug-disc] Videoconference testing -- please help

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:18:00 EDT 2020

I know at work it's a PITA when vendors send us Zoom meeting invites..  We
have to install the client, work our way around the firewalls, etc., then
afterwards uninstall the client and scour our hard drives for any leftover
bits and pieces..

alternative.to had a decent review of jitsi (which I haven't used yet, so I
don't know from personal experience) at
https://alternativeto.net/software/jitsi-meet/reviews/  ...  I notice also
that jitsi can use Slack logins, and several of us got Slack accounts
courtesy of Paul recently...

I confess that I've gotten comfortable with using MS Teams at work on my
work Windows laptop, so I'm no expert when it comes to Linux alternatives.
I know one of the guys at work got Teams to work on his Fedora laptop but
it took some monkeying to get it right.