[kwlug-disc] Let's Encrypt revoking all certificates tomorrow

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Mar 3 14:49:41 EST 2020

It's only for a relatively small number of certificates, IIRC under a million.

If you're affected, you will have likely received mail with details.

The fix is just to force a renewal with
    certbot renew --force-renewal --cert-name=www.example.com

Check if you are affected and need to force renew:
    curl -XPOST -d 'fqdn=www.example.com' https://unboundtest.com/caaproblem/checkhost
or interactively at
    https://checkhost.unboundtest.com/

Easy to mitigate, but do it now. Deadline is March 4 I think.

Mikalai mentioned about multi-domain certs - in my infrastructure
I find it easier to avoid letsencrypt limits by using multi-domain
certs e.g. for 40 or 50 dev and staging sites.

Hope that's useful - cheers

John