[kwlug-disc] Silly certbot / dns / drupal questions

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jul 15 21:03:25 EDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 8:30 PM Charles M <chaslinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 3 domains on the same virtual host. Currently one of the
> domains is using certbot for https and I have that site redirecting
> http to https. That site is running Drupal.
>
> Another site wasn't included in the https but redirected to another
> server that defaulted to https.  I just finished setting up that site
> as a drupal multi-site under the first site. http to that domain works
> (but https does not yet).
>
> The third domain is currently parked with the company I bought the
> domain from, but I am setting it up to also be drupal multi-site.
>
> Because I haven't told DNS to look at the host for the 3rd domain I'm
> wondering if I should lay off setting up
> /etc/sites-available/3rd-domain.conf and (and adding the 3rd domain to
> sites.php) enabling it? Thinking the process is enabling DNS for the
> 3rd domain first, wait for DNS to propagate, then start setting up the
> apache sites-available file and sites.php for the 3rd domain.
>
> If I remember correctly certbot will create a 2nd-domain-le-ssl.conf
> and 3rd-comain-le.ssl.conf if I tell certbot:
>
> certbot-auto -d domain1.com -d domain2.com -d domain3.com

I do have 4 Drupal sites running on a single certbot certificate.

The way I created the certificates was:

First install certbot

#   sudo apt-get update
#   sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
#   sudo add-apt-repository universe
#   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:certbot/certbot
#   sudo apt-get update
#   sudo apt-get install certbot

Then create the certs.

certbot certonly --standalone -d dom1.com -d www.dom1.com -d dom2.com -d