[kwlug-disc] Silly certbot / dns / drupal questions

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:30:30 EDT 2020

I have 3 domains on the same virtual host. Currently one of the
domains is using certbot for https and I have that site redirecting
http to https. That site is running Drupal.

Another site wasn't included in the https but redirected to another
server that defaulted to https.  I just finished setting up that site
as a drupal multi-site under the first site. http to that domain works
(but https does not yet).

The third domain is currently parked with the company I bought the
domain from, but I am setting it up to also be drupal multi-site.

Because I haven't told DNS to look at the host for the 3rd domain I'm
wondering if I should lay off setting up
/etc/sites-available/3rd-domain.conf and (and adding the 3rd domain to
sites.php) enabling it? Thinking the process is enabling DNS for the
3rd domain first, wait for DNS to propagate, then start setting up the
apache sites-available file and sites.php for the 3rd domain.

If I remember correctly certbot will create a 2nd-domain-le-ssl.conf
and 3rd-comain-le.ssl.conf if I tell certbot:

certbot-auto -d domain1.com -d domain2.com -d domain3.com

Thanks,

Charles