[kwlug-disc] ZOO-FAANG-free list

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 19 12:58:33 EDT 2020

Note that BBB does not scale that well. People on the newsgroup report
that it chokes around 80 users, and cannot go much above 150 because
of node.js .

There ought to be a way to streamcast a BBB session the way that the
FSF streamed the Jitsi session, but I do not know what that is yet. It
is tricky because a BBB session consists of several different streams:
the HTML5 client, the audio (FreeSWITCH), and one stream per
webcam/screensharing session (Kurento).

Also you should thank Raul Suarez for discovering BBB, not me. He is
the one who presented on it years and years ago for KWLUG.

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org