[kwlug-disc] ZOO-FAANG-free list

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sun Apr 19 10:08:47 EDT 2020

I want to add to this now ZOO-FAANG list the following observation.

FSF did LibrePlanet 2020 in a virtual format with some wild mix of
Jitsi. They started move to virtual before official lockdown broadcast.
After the event, I guess, with the benefit of time, it seems that FSF
folks are adopting BigBlueButton. (Yey. Kudos, Paul, for discovering it
for us.)

FSF will provide their BBB server for the upcoming Flatten the Curve
Summit over 21-23 of April. Ensure you register at
https://flattenthecurve.tech/register Program schedule is at
https://flattenthecurve.tech/

I see this issue also as XYZ-monopoly-free. For example, BBB is libre
software. Liberty allows many shops to provide utility.