[kwlug-disc] FAANG-free list

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 10:32:34 EDT 2020

I should put in a shout-out (or whatever the young kids call it now...) for
Stemmler's..  They're my cousins!  And it's a great little butcher shop;
top quality meats in there.  Their Black Forest ham is amazing when you
cook it in a slow cooker for the day...  Currently Stemmler's is taking
orders online, then it takes 3-4 days to get the order assembled, then you
basically drive up and they feed you through your car window.

As to cash anywhere else, the Bank of Canada recently reminded merchants
that they are required to take cash.  It's the law.  But to be honest, I am
trying to stick to tap-only debit.

I went to Sobey's off of Fischer-Hallman the other day and they made me
remove the gloves I was wearing before they'd let me in, despite the fact
that I just put them on.  I had a bit of a terse chat with them and
normally I would have just walked out but we needed groceries and all the
other stores were closing for the day.  They said it was 'company policy'.
So guess which company I won't be dealing with again...

One thing about store staff being gloved..  they wear the same gloves for
most of their shift, so any infection that they pick up, they carry around
for the rest of the shift and spread it to everything they touch..