[kwlug-disc] PSA: Clear your cookies

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Apr 13 17:28:11 EDT 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 5:17 PM Doug Moen <doug at moens.org> wrote:

> I recommend UBlock Origin because it blocks a lot of malware while
> remaining easy to use, and it has a good open source reputation. Also, the
> element blocker (which blocks specific elements of web pages) is quite
> useful.

I agree. It is one of the crucial extensions that I have had for years.

I also run NoScript and block all javascript by default, unless I
> explicitly enable it. I do not recommend this because it makes web browsing
> very difficult.

I also do this, and some sites would not load, so I just skip them, or if
they are important, then either enable them in NoScript or use Falkon (or
Chromium).

Another extension that I have, is CookieBro. It whitelists cookies for
certain domains or subdomains, and deletes every other cookie (when you
close the browser, I think).