[kwlug-disc] Fuming and tor-rorists

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Apr 8 21:23:50 EDT 2020

Glimpse of doctor speaking: https://youtu.be/rleNXGo9_O8?t=45

So:

1) Government acted like soviets in Chernobyl, except that even less
excuses are possible now.

2) Populace notices.

3) There is "domestic t...ts" designation to use in post-Chernobyl fallout.

Let's remind to ourselves wise words of George (T)Orwell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4EEa0HAqzQ

On 2020-04-08 8:30 p.m., Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Viruses are very tiny. In fact, that is how they were first
> discovered: a scientist
> who was studying the tobacco mosaic disease macerated infected leaves,
> then
> passed the solution through a fine filter that prevents bacteria from
> passing through
> (those are made from ceramic or other finely porous material). The
> resulting liquid
> still infected healthy leaves. He concluded that there is a tiny
> organism causing it
>
> Decades later, when the electron microscope allowed seeing things that
> are the
> visible spectrum does not show.
>
> But I agree that masks will help. This particular viruses is produced
> in the respiratory
> tract, and therefore spread by droplets. Even a cloth mask stops some
> of that aerosol.
> Think of a show fence, or droplets absorbed into the cloth. Something
> is better than
> nothing.
>
> Remember the saying: "Perfect is the enemy of good enough".
>
> My wife sewed some unused T-shirts into masks, with a paper clip for
> it to fit on the
> nose, and we use them when we go out.
>

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 8:19 PM Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc
> <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org <mailto:kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>> wrote:
>
>     It seems that starting from yesterday we should wear masks:
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UuJyZA9MCU
>
>     <fume>
>
>     No, the laws of physics, chemistry and biology haven't changed. I am
>     having flashes of memory to how soviets were handling Chernobyl. WTF?
>
>     </fume>
>
>     Initially argument was that mask won't completely protect.
>     Reminder that
>     95 in N95 stands for a percentage. Anything infront your face will
>     reduce chances of getting stuff. Its like security in depth, no
>     measure
>     is 100% reliable, but put together, and you are much better off.
>
>     Now I wonder how much slower virus would have spread, if on March 1st
>     we've heard wear bandanas and leave other masks to medical stuff.
>
>     First, its more difficult to touch face when in mask.
>
>     Second, mask is a reminder about new behaviour to yourself and to
>     others, right in the face.
>
>     Its like security in depth, like additional egress filtering and
>     digital
>     hygiene. Not perfect, but let us go a long way.

> --
> Khalid M. Baheyeldin
> 2bits.com <http://2bits.com>, Inc.
> Fast Reliable Drupal
> Drupal performance optimization, hosting and consulting.
> "Sooner or later, this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is
> going to blow up in our faces." -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Mikalai Birukou
CEO | 3NSoft Inc.