[kwlug-disc] Linux Hacked For A Decade?

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Wed Apr 8 19:18:47 EDT 2020

I used to work for a network security company, and doing these kinds of security studies is important, for the company itself, to improve their skills and ability to protect customers, and publishing the report is important for marketing, to establish credibility.

In this case, the way that they've chosen to release the report hurts their credibility with chief security officers and other technical staff. Which doesn't inspire confidence. Seems that the marketing people are in charge.