[kwlug-disc] Videoconference testing -- please help

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Apr 3 13:23:48 EDT 2020

There is lots of this going around, and it even has a name: Zoom-bombing.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-internet-is-now-rife-with-places-where-you-can-organize-zoom-bombing-raids/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/zoombombing-fbi-warning-1.5519024

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:45 PM Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> Not to pile on to Zoom too much but wow can it be a tire fire. I tried
> participating in a meeting that did not have a passcode. Never again.
> Within minutes kids were joining the meeting and causing grief.
>
> I hope this does not happen on Monday. We may need more strict
> moderation powers. Fortunately there are some moderator settings that
> can help. One disadvantage is that it is tricky to kick people out and
> keep them out. So when you join on Monday please use a handle that
> Andrew and I will recognise. If you are "Ben Dover" (nice creativity
> there, kid. So original.) then we probably will not let you in.
>
> - Paul
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 02:54:33PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 2:38 PM CrankyOldBugger <
> crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > And there's more great news about Zoom out now:
> > >
> > > It's like these guys aren't even trying to hide their nefarious
> intentions
> > > now...
> > >

> > And I posted earlier in that thread about the tests that Paul setup for
> us
> > Jitsi and BBB.
> >
> > https://it.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=16077866&cid=59892828

> --
> Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
> Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
Drupal performance optimization, hosting and consulting.
"Sooner or later, this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going
to blow up in our faces." -- Dr. Carl Sagan