[kwlug-disc] Static site generators in Python

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 14 10:47:46 EDT 2019

I am looking to make a simple static site, with a few pages and maybe
a "news" section. I have arbitrarily decided
that I want a static site generator written in Python. Requirements:

- Markdown syntax
- Responsive theme that looks okay, without too much fiddling
- Autogenerated RSS/Atom feeds
- Sane file layout
- Preferably well-supported with a good community
- FLOSS

There are other things that would be nice but they are not hard
requirements.

The leaders in this space appear to be Pelican and Nikola. Should I
prefer one over the other? Should I be considering something else?

- Paul

--
Tech Events Newsletter: https://da.gd/wtcmp-news
Blog: http://pnijjar.freeshell.org