[kwlug-disc] imac4,1 help

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Thu Jun 13 13:07:13 EDT 2019

> Quoting Gordon Dey <gordon.dey at happydeys.ca>:
>> I have googled, created a number of CDRs with various incantations, 32b
>> (because it seems that the efi boot programme on the 4,1 is 32b),
>> including Matt Gadient's magic mac fix, even rEFInd on amd64. But
>> nothing else boots.

Have you tried holding C down on boot?  That tells Apple computers to boot
from CD.  I wonder if it's necessary to do that to boot to a non-EFI Linux
DVD, such as a BIOS isolinux one.  I think I had a similar thing on my Imac.

I am not sure when to hold down C or for how long, but I think it needs to
be for 5-10 seconds on or before the boot sound.

Tom