[kwlug-disc] Server does not boot after kernel upgrade

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jan 29 16:23:07 EST 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 4:20 PM Doug Moen <doug at moens.org> wrote:

> Ubuntu upgrades make me very nervous, so I still haven't upgraded from
> 16.04 to 18.04.

I upgraded several machines from 16.04 to 18.04, and they have been a
success.
Had to redo some PHP-FPM and Apache2 configs, but that is because I was
using a custom
configuration, rather than the Debian/Ubuntu one that setup by default.

Apart from this reboot issue, there has been no real issues.

> Did you do an "upgrade" upgrade, or did you back up your files and do a
> bare metal install?

A real upgrade via the command: do-release-upgrade