[kwlug-disc] New meeting location possibly needed

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 10 21:28:11 EST 2019

Okay. Here are the details of this location:

- It is at Market Square in Kitchener, at the corner of King and
  Benton/Frederick.
- It is attached to an expensive parking garage. There is downtown
  Kitchener parking around the area that is gratis after 6pm.
- Apparently there is a nice room with two projector screens. However,
  the projector has VGA input only (so no HDMI)
- We would need somebody from TriOS to be present at the meeting (or
  maybe another responsible adult?). Jason is willing to host us.

Pros:
- Central location; easy access by transit
- Gratis
- WWITPro has been holding meetings there for a decade, and it has
  been stable
- Maybe the space is accessible? It is on the ground floor. (I cannot
  remember whether you need to climb steps to get in the area, but I
  can check)
- It seems that TriOS is welcoming us
- There should be plenty of space for us even if we grow
- There is wifi available

Cons:
- The doors get locked by the Market Square people at 7pm sharp.
  Somebody has to mind the door to let latecomers in, and/or somebody
  needs to have a cellphone others can call or text.
- There is still a one-person bottleneck, maybe. If Jason is
  travelling or absent we may need to make other plans.

I am thinking that we try this option out. Other possibilities:

- Adam may be able to book us at Wilfrid Laurier
- We might be able to book the room above the Queen Street Commons,
  but that is a smaller space and has stairs

The Google space is not available. It looks as if KWIC is only
available if we pay.

What do we think? Are there people who would be opposed to us using
the TriOS space?

I do not have locations changed on the website yet. I have to take
photographs and such of the location.

- Paul

http://pnijjar.freeshell.org