[kwlug-disc] Having trouble with some Dell Precision T5600

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Jan 10 11:25:21 EST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:26:40AM -0500, Stuart Seeley wrote:
>I've seen a bad ata disk cause that on similar model... smart status would pass but it would just cause this behavior until I got rid ofbit. I think there is a built in diagnostic if you hit F12 on post...

I recently replaced an SSD in my desktop for a similar issue. SMART
checks show all was good, no indications of failure.

However, at boot the disk would periodically not be visible, which would
persist for a few power cycles, until suddenly it started working "fine"
for several days without issue.

If you have a spare hard drive, it might be worth swapping out to see if
the issue persists.

--
Chris Irwin

email:   chris at chrisirwin.ca