[kwlug-disc] New meeting location possibly needed

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Thu Jan 10 00:59:40 EST 2019

Quoting Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>:

> If you are looking into alternative locations then let me know ASAP.
> We prefer gratis, but a good place that costs some money may be
> possible.

The Central Location of the Kitchener Public Library is $75/month for 3
hours, but it's probably stable.  Bring your own projector.  I'd like
other locations, but I don't know why.

---

I'm not good at marketing, but maybe an argument like this would help
reduce or eliminate fees:

Our society relies on technology, which depends on Linux.  We are Linux,
and we definitely are, so requiring money from us doesn't make any sense.
We're supporting civilisation.

I've previously made a list of all types of devices that run Linux to
show Linux's importance, which I can post if needed.

Tom