[kwlug-disc] Audacity use cases

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Wed Dec 4 09:45:50 EST 2019

Thanks Paul and Brent,

I have a lot of cds that I rip to flac files, and one thing that's always
annoyed me is when the last track is actually the last track listed along
with some period of silence and then a bonus track. I once (when I actually
had a bit of free time) tried to split the flac file while discarding the
silence, but I ended up with the bonus track being deleted. I know I could
have loaded the flac file as a wav, saved it as two separate files after
selecting the correct regions and then re-encoding it, but I would rather
be able to do it all without a lot of extra manipulation.

It would be icing if I could edit the "Vorbis comments" while saving the
individual tracks.