[kwlug-disc] DSL ISP in KW

Charles McColm charlesm at theworkingcentre.org
Tue Oct 23 09:24:25 EDT 2018

We’ve had Teksavvy DSL for quite a few years. Things I like:

·         Easy payment online, cancel any time.

·         Very responsive via online methods (They’re pretty quick to respond on Twitter, pretty good via email)

·         The 25/10 plan Ron mentioned is okay speed for the price. Incidentally when I first bought this package it was more costly, the month after they reduced the cost of the package.

·         We’ve actually had 3 price drops (not increases) since we started with TS years ago. (Mind you we upgraded later, so I suppose this could be counted as an increase)

·         Relatively stable. We have had some instances of DSL being out for a long period (3-4 days) due to Bell not being able to get someone out when we could be there.

·         The advocacy Ron mentioned

·         Possibility of getting your own static IP and running servers (we did for awhile)

Things that are less positive about TS:

·         Like most places with phone support, you could be waiting awhile.

·         Called support for a non-English speaking family on a DSL plan and the tech I got at that particular time was not very helpful. This may have been a one-time instance, but when the DSL you just signed up for doesn’t work you’d think they’d be more accommodating.

Cheers,

Charles