[kwlug-disc] DSL ISP in KW

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:57:22 EDT 2018

Hello all,

This has been covered before, but I wonder if any opinions have changed --
2 weeks ago, my current(for the next 48 hours) DSL  provider(Acanac) went
down for 3 days, nary a peep from them as to what happened or time to full
service.

I signed up for TekSavvy($25/mth special for 1 year, billed monthly) for
25/10, no dry loop fee and a free RG516AC Modem/Router)) and
Netflash($45/mth for the same service.  The TekSavvy service becomes
$48/mth after 1 year.

I did Netflash simply because they are local(Lancaster St.) and cannot hide
behind a email/tele wall.
I did TekSavvy because they are the underdog that did good.

I plan on running both services for about 3 months.
My feeling is that the quality of service will be very similar in terms of
uptime and speeds/packet shaping.

The Q is this: Which provider do I keep?

I lean towards Netflash as their tech there(Dawn) is very knowledgeable and
extremely helpful.
I lean towards TekSavvy due to Rocky's advocacy on behalf of users in the
past and the fact that they are highly recommended.

Flip a coin, or...?

Thanks,

Ron Singh