[kwlug-disc] summary of first meeting for myself

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Fri Nov 9 21:23:28 EST 2018

LUG,

I had a very good time at my first KWLUG meeting.  I got
something out of both presentations, especially the
presentation on website security, which I knew very little
about.  I didn't even know there were application-level
web firewalls or security tools for that kind of thing.

I arrived on time but I wish I'd checked out the part on
the website that says that informal social gatherings took
place at 6:30 PM onwards.  I would have liked to have met and
interacted with more of you.

I'm glad I had the nerve to come out even after just joining
two days before.  I think you guys are are my people.  I can't
wait for the next meeting and I'm looking forward to the next
presentation.  It was nice to meet you guys!

---

Also, playing Portal 2 on Linux with portals and bridges made
of light while listening to the Tron Legacy soundtrack makes
me happy.

Thanks,
Tom