[kwlug-disc] More wi-fi adventures

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:13:53 EST 2018

Maybe my last email didn't get through, but I was having the exact same
problem with my Lenovo Y500 laptop with the Centrino wi-fi card (n-2230,
IIRC?).  You only need to make sure that you've installed the Nvidia
drivers and the wpa-supplicant file.  I'm now able to run wi-fi in Ubuntu
18.10.

You can do the nvidia part from the Software & Updates app.  For the
wpa-supplicant, you can run:

sudo apt install wpasupplicant