[kwlug-disc] EFail: S/MIME & GPG

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Mon May 14 11:24:32 EDT 2018

Random thoughts about efail

4) Isolation of contexts for encrypted and untrusted parts of the message.

5) XSS going wild. Qoute: "We used well-known Cross Site Scripting test
vectors and placed them in various header fields like Subject: as well
as in the mail body.  We identified five mail clients which are prone to
JavaScript execution, allowing the construction of particularly flexible
backchannels."