[kwlug-disc] New meeting location: 283 Duke St

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:11:51 EDT 2018

The mixer is a Vestax PMC 17A 3 channel mixer. It's metal with a bit
of heft to it (approx 10lbs). I mentioned the slider at the bottom
seems to be broken. It also lacks XLR mic in and the mic I dropped off
happens to be XLR (though I don't think it needs Phantom power).
Unfortunately the mixer needs a 15v 500ma adapter. I found one in CR,
but the mixer needs a center negative adapter and this adapter is
center positive. I'm going to cut the wire and resolder it to reverse
the polarity before testing it (the adapter) and the mixer.

The mic is a PreSonus M7. I picked it up at a thrift shop thinking I
might use it some time, but I have another mic I use. It feels decent
though the body seems like it's a hardened plastic. The heft on the
mic probably comes from the metal grill and what's inside.

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc
<kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 08:15:29AM -0400, Mikalai Birukou via kwlug-disc wrote:
>> On 2018-05-11 11:28 PM, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
>> >https://kwlug.org/283-duke
>> >
>> >I hope the instructions on the above page are clear. Please send
>> >comments about the location writeup to me.
>>
>> When on the second floor of 283 Duke, I noticed that corridors had names
>> like Frederick Street, Breithaupt. I wonder if this permanent. And if so, is
>> it a way to navigate inside? :) On which street room 225 is located?
>
> I will take a look. My understanding is that the internal street names
> are permanent. Unfortunately the names are super-confusing because
> they are the same as streets that are close to the building (I think
> there is a Breithaupt corridor, for example).
>
> - Paul
>
> --
> http://pnijjar.freeshell.org

Charles McColm