[kwlug-disc] New meeting location: 283 Duke St

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri May 11 23:28:34 EDT 2018

Thanks to Colin we now have a new meeting location for KWLUG. This
afternoon Andrew, Colin and I signed away our lives so we could start
using it. Our intention is to try it out for the June meeting:

https://kwlug.org/283-duke

I hope the instructions on the above page are clear. Please send
comments about the location writeup to me.

I am also in discussions with Google around their community space, but
we might as well try this location first. Technically we have not
booked the spot yet because we do not have access to the booking
portal. If everything goes pear-shaped we will just meet at St John's
for another month.

Along with the new location is a shopping list of things that are not
provided. We can do without many of these things but if you have
extras and/or are willing to donate to the cause we could put an
equipment kit together:

- DVI and HDMI cables for the projector (an Acer PD 726W). VGA cables
  are already provided with the space.
- Maybe a microphone/mixer setup for recording podcasts? There is a
  speaker system there (a Sylvania SPA 040) but we probably don't need
  amplification in the space, and offhand I do not think we can use it
  for recording podcasts anyways.

There are some things other people have promised:

- Power bar: Colin
- Extension cord: Andrew
- Condenser mic with USB connection: Colin
- KWLUG podcasting netbook: Paul
- Signage: Paul

Maybe there are other things we should be thinking about as well.

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org