[kwlug-disc] OT: JST cables

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jun 26 12:34:41 EDT 2018

Hello all ...

I have a project that drives two stepper motors. The motors have male plugs
which are JST 2.0mm pitch PH 6-pin female. They look like the ones in the
link below.

The motor seller included a female connector and tiny pins that go into it.
A friend who has crimping tools was not able to put the pins in the
connector, since they are so tiny.

Ordering from eBay would take 6 weeks or more.

Any idea where can I find these connectors with wires, or how to crimp
them?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-Sets-Micro-JST-2-0mm-PH-6-Pin-Male-Female-Connector-Plug-With-Wire-300mm/352101794647

Some background in case you are wondering: this is a unipolar stepper motor
with 6 wires. Only 4 will be connected, so as to drive it in half-coil
mode. But it is not the same pin configuration that is comonly used for
bipolar motors for 3D printers and CNCs, which uses full coil mode.

P.S. I am already checking with Computer Recycling, but doubt if they would
have any.