[kwlug-disc] OpenStreetMap is pretty good now

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jun 23 17:22:29 EDT 2018

Hurray for an OSM post. :)

I noticed that the CBC website, through MapBox, and The Record site,
through Tableau, have both used OSM for some maps.

*
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/van-crash-yonge-finch-witnesses-1.4631972
* https://www.therecord.com/news-story/8670548-schools-struggle-to-go-green/

And since Paul made a feature request, I will mention that I am hoping
to organize some FLOSS contribution through KWRuby, and the OSM website
seems like it might be a good candidate project.

> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website

Is this something that anyone here would be interested in? There are
lost of different technologies that you could work on:
* Ruby on Rails
* Javascript
* PostgreSQL

And I just noticed that there is translation work to be done as well!
> https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:OpenStreetMap

Andrew