[kwlug-disc] Store local config for development github pages

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:42:31 EDT 2018

I think most of these GitHub pages are supposed to do relative paths so if
they have weird static references to things ctrl+f'ing around might be
key.  The other joyous part of GitHub Pages is that it takes ages to
propagate into the Content Distribution Network.

What I would imagine is just try to make a bunch of strings that are unique
to the different configuration variables.  Like the CNAME file obviously
could just be replaced using sed.  Then run the script before you deploy
your changes.  With GitLab you would just push the source to whatever and
it'd run the CI/CD scripts.  Less easy on Github.

Basically, I can't think of any options that wouldn't require some kind of
preparation scripts to be written.