[kwlug-disc] Curv 0.0 is released

doug moen doug at moens.org
Wed Jan 31 09:53:40 EST 2018

For anybody who attended my KWLUG talk on Dec 11, Curv is now officially
released. The language is stabilized, and there is now documentation.

For those who didn't attend the talk, "Curv is a language for creating art
using mathematics". It's a domain specific high level language for creating
2D and 3D geometric shapes, which can be fully coloured and animated. I
view it as being particularly suited for procedurally generated, abstract
geometric art. My users mostly see it as a CAD program, though, and it was
inspired by OpenSCAD.

The current release lets you export images and shadertoy.com compatible
fragment shaders (for direct execution of animations on a GPU). It's
supposed to be a 3D modelling program for 3D printers, but STL export is
not supported in this release. Hopefully that will be in release 0.1.

The source code is on github:
https://github.com/doug-moen/curv

Don't worry, I won't spam the KWLUG list every time a new release comes out.