[kwlug-disc] Recommendations on ethernet cable tool sets, kits?

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Jan 30 13:25:18 EST 2018

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned that there are RJ45 modular plugs
for stranded wire (like patch cables), and different ones for solid wire
(as you would use for permanent connections).

I suspect that Brent is correct about how the keystones connect.
I think they essentially slice the insulation on the wires,
and contact the solid cores that way.

Hope this is useful - cheers

John