[kwlug-disc] Other talk ideas I could probably present.

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:10:51 EST 2018

Another talk I could give as well as is a talk about Jenkins Continuous
Integration service https://jenkins.io/ which I also heavily relied on upon
over the past 5 years.  I have been using Jenkins for CI/CD and just
archiving binaries into my Salt deployment.  Jenkins is a very mature
Continuous Integration which is integral in not only Java development but
loads of other languages at this point.  How I've used Jenkins to leverage
good fortune from the OpenSource "gods".

I could also do a smaller talk on how I've come to behave in the opensource
space where there are a bunch of competing open source options to solve a
problem.

I also found a wonderful little tool called BUP https://github.com/bup/bup
that we've been using for backups along with LVM [won't be the focus of my
talk as I didn't set it up] to do zero-downtime backups of something that
is very lag sensitive.  This one I'm not in a rush to present.