[kwlug-disc] Carrytel.ca -- 70M/10M for $35/month

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jan 22 14:52:16 EST 2018

On their regular pages, they have the 75/10 plan for $40.

http://www.carrytel.ca/internet-plans.aspx#

Is that the regular price after the promo ends?

Vmedia has the same cable plan 75/10 for $55.

That is a considerable difference ...

And the 30/5 plan I am on is $49.

Once can get more bandwidth AND save money ...

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 10:52 PM, William Park via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> It is promo, but no contract.
>     <http://www.carrytel.ca/rfd-special.aspx>
>
> Switch over was smooth.  I thought it would be simple modem swap,
> because I'm switching from Teksavvy to Carrytel, both on Rogers cable.
> But, I was told that it is "new installation", and technician had to be
> sent.  It ended up just modem swap, after all.
>
> One note:  I also have VoIP phone from Teksavvy.  The ATA is
> pre-configured by Teksavvy.  I'm sure you can change the settings, but I
> have no idea what all they all mean.  That's fine.  But, in ATA
> webconfig, IPs of Teksavvy DNS servers were manually specified,
> overriding DNS servers that DHCP gives you.  It turns out that Teksavvy
> DNS servers don't respond to non-Teksavvy IPs.  Remove the entries, and
> phone works now.
> --
> William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
>
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 09:09:42PM -0500, Ron Singh wrote:
> > Wow...nice, is that $35/month a promo price? Will that price go up in the
> > near future?
> > I am paying $45/mth for 25/10 to Acanac because I've been to lazy to
> > change. I have been with Acanac since the early days(dial-up).
> >
> > Was Carrytel a PITA to work with in regards to scheduling or were they
> > fine/excellent? Were you actually able to reach a human when
> communicating
> > with them?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ron Singh
> > "in transit, via mobile comm device"
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 8:53 PM, William Park via kwlug-disc <
> > kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Today, I switched to Carrytel Cable75 (75M/10M, unlimited, $35/month).
> > > That's $25 cheaper than Teksavvy's equivalent.  So far, it performs as
> > > promised.
> > > --
> > > William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>

Khalid M. Baheyeldin