[kwlug-disc] Linux & Linux admin for newbies

jvj at golden.net jvj at golden.net
Fri Jan 19 21:26:08 EST 2018

 Bob et al.
 Just tossing out a comment about Virtual Machines.
 VMs sort of fall In the what is old is new again category.
 VMs have been out in the wild since the 1980s and maybe the 1970s.
 Before Jobs and the Woz started the personal computer fad, IBM had VMs
 for their big iron.
 Their VMs were a thing for the 36s and 38s of the day - and may go back
 to the 3-sickly.
 Dunno about the *IX side of the world vis a vis Ritchie & Kernihan &
 others.
 Regards
 JohnJ