[kwlug-disc] More wi-fi adventures

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Aug 23 23:12:01 EDT 2018

Hi Cranky: I assume you're using NetworkManager. Try adding a connection
for your access point manually, first with "Automatically Connect" off.
Then you'll be able to pick that connection from the list and all the
settings are already there. If it works, then you can change
"Automatically Connect" to "On".

I've been having the same problem with Ubuntu 16.04 since about 16.04.3
or so...  Annoying, but less annoying than re-installing the OS.

--Bob.