[kwlug-disc] Sault Ste Marie Linux?

Kyle Farwell m at kfarwell.org
Wed Aug 15 00:09:16 EDT 2018

Hey Daniel,

I'm a student at Algoma, from Waterloo, now doing co-op in Montreal.

I ran the Algoma Computer Science Club last year and there are still
some LUG-type people involved there. I can send you their contact info
off-list (the club email is out of commission right now).

Rob Isard at the library (as Doug found), Danny Reid in ITS, and Miguel
Garcia-Ruiz in CS are the LUG-type people at the university. There is
also Fred Carella and Mark Allemang at Sault College.

I'm not aware of any LUG-type people around in industry. OLG does some
Linux.

If your friend is studying CS, the program is pretty platform-agnostic
except Assembly is taught with MASM (which is available in Windows labs
open 24/7).

Happy hacking.

--
Kyle Farwell