[kwlug-disc] Thank you to the people with Linux touchscreen suggestions

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Apr 29 17:25:28 EDT 2018

I am running Debian testing+experimental on the  Zenbook ux305, and it
has been working pretty well. It did need the non-free firmware
packages, and adding a configuration file to get the Intel based video
acceleration working with Xorg. I would guess that Ubuntu would have all
that working by default.

But I do not have any experience with the touch support. I considering
getting the flip but decided not to because I did not really need a
touch screen.
Andrew

(P.S.: Interestingly the Librem5 phone is supposed to use Gnome3 for its
default interface, so if that is successful it might mean more touch
focus for both Gnome and Ubuntu)