[kwlug-disc] Meeting Monday: A User Journey; VoIP Security (April 2018)

Stuart Seeley stuart at lowlevel.ca
Mon Apr 16 02:45:34 EDT 2018

Yeah... I felt the fud was layed on pretty thick...really didn't want to
derail him though.

I couldn't really make out the audience questions... but some topics from
the last 20 mins or so:

Multi-pronged approach to security... no single measure really helpful.
Script-kiddie apocalypse. BackTrack.
Block outbound dial to premium rate numbers, ideally at carrier level.
Pay attention/understand logs.
Social Engineering/Common sense. Pretend to be phone company and trick
people into dialing your primary rate number.
Benefits of Asterisk over traditional telecom solutions. (Cost)
Services and products Telium provides.

Stuart