[kwlug-disc] Thank you to the people with Linux touchscreen suggestions

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:41:04 EDT 2018

De nada Eva, an alternative might be to do something like this:
https://www.icitouchtech.com/gechic-1503i
Still somewhat spendy though.

My daughter(Fine Arts major) wanted very much the same solution as you are
thinking of, but ultimately decided to splurge for a Wacom Mobile Studio
Pro, which is really a 15.6" IPS tablet PC with an i7 7th-gen CPU, gobs of
RAM,  Bigged-up Nvidia video and running W10(although it can be whatever
supports the 7th gen Intel) CPUs).

Personally, I think a regular PC(laptop) with one of these USB-power
touchscreen is the ticket.
Be mindful though, that input lag is a real issue on many touch panels and
i5-powered laptops, at least with programs like Krita. No idea about
Inkscape.

Thanks,

Ron Singh